Characters - Their Essence.

John Hawk

Hi, everyone! It's John.

The purpose of this post is: Sort out anyone's doubt regarding Return of The Saiyans Characters/Classes, so, if I forget to write about something or wrongly mentioned it, please, feel free to share your knowledge along with me. 😅

First of all, while creating yours, you'll be able to see all Character's transformations by left clicking on squares below them. You'll also be able to see their status, which gets cumulatively increased within each new transformation. 

Screenshot_20220104-192351-883.png.62ed34ee2a37477682fa620771e8d09e.png

It's worth mentioning that each Character is part of some "Category" that will define character's predisposition.

Screenshot_20220105-020733-692.thumb.png.217bdbee46d35b0cc252db07492d097e.png

Damage (AKA DPS): Trunks and Gohan.

Both DPS are a really great source of DMG, but they're also too fragile, so do not expect full damaging and tanking. The way they can melt stuff is close to the way they can get melted.

Gohan - has a pretty good and strong AOE set of techniques! Indicated for PvE playstyle, but also very strong for PvP. He has the possibility of dealing DMG in accord to the MAX enemy's health, becoming a Tank counter. After Shenlong's wishes, he can become invisible or faster after casting some techniques. He has 2 techniques to improve his situational survivability: Study Time and Ki Barrier. Study Time needs to be casted for a while and provides an increase of Healing Effectiveness, whereas Ki Barrier make Gohan able to receive some percentage of incoming DMG on his Ki instead of on his Health for some time. Gohan's passive deals a kind of meele AOE damage after you stacking it by walking (I guess). Gohan can use either Gloves or Sword.

Gohan's early game build -my opinion- : CD Reduction, DMG Reduction and Ki Reduction. It'll start your journey as a DPS, even with low percentages, reducing your Ki waste and giving you some extra survivability to face CC Bosses.

Gohan's mid/late game build -my opinion- : CD Reduction, DMG% and Ki Reduction (PvE). CD Reduction, DMG%, Tenacity and Critical Chance, maybe some extra DMG flat (PvP).

Trunks - it's a burster! He has AOE techniques as well, but his main differential is in the way he is able to melt down single targets, becoming a monster for PvP! Trunks has techniques that can increase his survivability (Full control - Increase his movement speed and dodge chance) at the same time increase his Critical Chance, so you'll be able to choose its use for agressive or defensive mode. His passive is called Stroke, where if activated, Trunks deals Additional Damage to the target and Critical Damage to enemies standing behind it - it has 10% of chance to active, but can get insta activated if combo with Full Control technique. Trunks should look for his Sword. Ps.: For further items bonuses, it's good to carry some item with +1 meele range bonus, especially for PvP.

Trunks early game build -my opinion- : CD Reduction, DMG Reduction and Ki Reduction. It'll start your journey as a DPS, even with low percentages, reducing your Ki waste and giving you some extra survivability to face CC Bosses.

Trunks mid/late game build -my opinion- : CD Reduction, DMG% and Ki Reduction (PvE). CD Reduction, DMG%, Tenacity and Critical Chance, maybe some extra DMG flat (PvP).

Half-Tank: Goku and Vegeta.

Half-Tanks are a balance between DPS and Tank, and indeed a good choice for those who aims to play mainly alone for PvE content, because their survivability and technique's strength allow them to kill before getting killed. Goku does more DMG with his techniques, especially waves (Kame-hame-ha!!!!!!), whereas Vegeta's survivability steals the scene.

Goku: has a good set of techniques, mixing DMG with survivability and teamplay, for PvP and PvE. He has a bunch of techniques that apply negative effects for both, PvE and PvP, such as Blind, Stun and Provoke - this last one only for PvE. Can't forget to mention Respectful Combat technique, which allows Goku to reach very high damage dealing and Genki Dama technique after Shenlong's wish, which increase his sustain on PvE, recovering a percentage of Ki after Genki Dama hitting enemies. He has also a passive where he enjoy his fight and adapt his Attack Speed bonus, increasing it: 5 stacks for PvE and 10 stacks for PvP. Goku has predisposition only for Gloves as weapon.

Goku's early game build -my opinion- : DMG Flat, DMG Reduction, Attack Speed, Ki Drain or Life Drain, both flat. It'll give you some initial sustain and enough power to faster your journey, even with low percentages. Life Drain bonuses increase your meele damage, so Life Drain+Attack Speed+Passive+DMG flat+Respectful Combat will turn your game so much easier.

Gokus's mid/late game build -my opinion- : team party with Tank - CD Reduction, mix with DMG Reduction and DMG%, and optional Ki Reduction (PvE). solo playing - CD Reduction, DMG Reduction, Life Drain %, Attack Speed (enough to reach 1 hit per 0.3 second + passive) and Critical Chance (PvE). CD Reduction, DMG Reduction, Health% and Tenacity (PvP).

Vegeta: has an amazing survivability, thanks to Smell of Fear and his passive, and besides that, does not get too behind from Goku's damage! Vegeta has more AOE techniques than Goku, increasing your technique's spam while hunting, and due to that, you're able to increase his survivability even more by setting up his Combat Mode to full defensive, which increases drastically your DMG Reduction. You can easily setup a Team Party with Vegeta playing as Tank due to one of his techniques which Provokes the enemy! Although Vegeta, like Goku, has a great power against environment, his importance goes outstanding when it comes to PvP, where he's able to extract the maximum of his techniques, becoming a great Frontliner and an amazing counter of Dende's healing - there's a Shenlong's wish where Vegeta can buff one of his techniques with "Deconcentration" - AKA cut heal, a negative condition effect responsible for reducing the amount of healing that someone can receive. Vegeta's passive gives more survivability, increasing his defense and movement speed when he reach some low percentage of Health. Vegeta has predisposition only for Gloves as weapon.

Vegeta's early game build -my opinion- : CD Reduction, DMG Reduction, Ki Reduction. Mainly focusing on DMG Reduction, which will allow you to do any early content, besides some parts of Saga, easily. Further adding CD Reduction to spam techniques and Ki Reduction for Ki sustain.

Vegeta's mid/late game build -my opinion- : team party with Tank - CD Reduction, mix with DMG Reduction and DMG%, and optional Ki Reduction (PvE). solo playing - CD Reduction, DMG Reduction, Attack Speed (enough to reach 1 hit per 0.3 second) and Ki Reduction (PvE). CD Reduction, DMG Reduction, Health% and Tenacity (PvP).

Support: Bulma and Dende.

Support is a must in any way, so, if by a chance, you can play with one by your side, don't waste it! They have the amazing ability of save you, protect you, turn your game easier, increase your experience and even bring you from the underworld. Not recommend for solo players.

Bulma: is the newest playable character! It's important to start mentioning that she can only use techniques while wearing her Mecha Battle Suit! The lack of info about Bulma's playstyle, building, PvE and PvP, makes her power even stronger, at least, for now. The player is able to use her Mecha from the first moment he log into the game by using "Upgrade" technique out of Protection Zone area. She has techniques that shields, gives defense skill, removes negative condition effects, for more than a single ally, depending on her Mecha's level, which will allow her to summon a Supportive Drone, one per ally. Her set of techniques is outstanding from everything we've seen so far! She does stun against players, can give Silence negative condition effect against players, apply Slow negative condition effect against players, and, if it's not sufficient, she can also increase the DMG that enemies receives in 20% more from all sources! - this last one works after asking for Shenlong's technique buff wish. Bulma  has predisposition only for Gloves as weapon.

Bulma's early game build -my opinion- : Ki Regeneration, DMG Reduction, Ki Reduction.

Bulma's mid/late game build -my opinion- : team party with Tank - Ki Regeneration, mix with DMG Reduction and Ki Reduction, and some CD Reduction (PvE). solo playing - DMG Reduction, Attack Speed (enough to reach 1 hit per 0.3 second) and Life Drain % (really don't know if it works :p) (PvE). CD Reduction, DMG Reduction and Tenacity (PvP).

Dende: is an amazing meele ranged support made for people that like to see everyone alive and in a good shape, even if, sometimes, Dende need to sacrifice himself to avoid any other death. Dende meele range damage scales with his Focus and weapon's attack value does increase his meele damage. He is almost full made of supportive techniques, and only has 2 damage techniques - 1 AOE that breaks def and 1 than can create a Flower after enemy's death. This Flower increases the DMG power for any player that use it! Dende has a technique called Full Recover, which allows him to recover 100% of his ally Health and Ki. He has also a Cure technique that removes any kind of negative condition effect from an ally, and further can get buffed by Shenlong's wish, providing a kind of Immunity effect for some time. If you didn't find it broken yet, then I should say that he also has a technique that resets all other technique's cooldown. Dende has also a Ki Barrier, which blocks some percentage of the incoming DMG, receiving it on his Ki instead of on his Health. Last, but not least, the lifesaver passive called Benevolence, which provides Ki Regeneration for allies on team party and simply rescue an ally from the imminent death. This last effect works only after asking for Shenlong's technique buff wish. Dende can use both, Sword or Gloves.

Dende's early game build -my opinion- : Attack Speed, Ki Regeneration, DMG Reduction.

Dende's mid/late game build -my opinion- : team party with Tank - Ki Regeneration, Ki Reduction, Heal Effectiveness% and, if possible to add, some CD Reduction (PvE). solo playing for single species - DMG Reduction, Attack Speed (enough to reach 1 hit per 0.3 second), DMG flat/Life Drain and some DMG% - never tried that, but saw some (PvE). Attack Speed, Health flat/%, (choose between agressive and supportive by using DMG flat/% or CD Reduction, respectively) and Tenacity (PvP).

Tank: Buu and Piccolo.

Is a great choice for those who would like to do more solo playing than partying. Acting like a 🛡️ for every kind of situation, especially tricky ones, for example: Saga's Robots, Cell... Tanks, as usual, sacrifices themselves for the team party good. They're responsible for making everything possible for those who can't survive against few enemies or even blocking a massive attack from many enemies. A Frontliner and a Master of Ki walls. Like Dende, his Essence is to make everyone safe, provoking anything (PvE) who threats their allies while receives tons of damage. Essentially, it's the heart of team party inside difficult hunts, it means that if Tank dies, anyone that remains inside the hunt will possible die either 🤣.

Majin Buu: is an amazing Tank, especially for PvE. His survivability outstand anything due to the ability of stacking Chocolate, which gives DMG Reduction and Life Regeneration. He has some AOE techniques, but his main focus still being a Tank. His survivability allows him to hunt against almost all PvE content alone - slow, but possible. Buu has a special technique called Evil Ghost, that make him too important for fast level progression from the early until late game along with single species creatures. Once Buu uses Evil Ghost on some unit, it'll hold any further DMG from any source for some seconds, exploding at the end and releasing part of all DMG that unit with Ghost received - it's an AOE explosion 💥🤯. Evil Ghost has also a buff by using Shenlong's wish that does a Scary negative condition effect on PvP, which makes the target a little bit confused, walking in different ways and unable to be controlled until Ghost explodes. Buu has also the ability of buff his ally defense or stick (stun) other player on PvP by using his Gummy Embrace technique. His passive gives DMG Reflection when he reach some % of his Health, reflecting different percentages of DMG for PvE and PvP. Majin Buu has predisposition only for Gloves as weapon.

Buu's early game build -my opinion- : DMG Flat, DMG Reduction and Attack Speed.

Buu's mid/late game build -my opinion- : DMG Reduction, Health Regeneration% and Health% (PvE). DMG Reduction, Health%, DMG Reflect, Health Regeneration% and (Tenacity or Dodge Chance) (PvP).

Piccolo: is an amazing Tank that has more teamplay style than Majin Buu. He has a technique that can buff his ally Ki Effectiveness - increasing technique's DMG -, called "Mystic Attack" where the ally to be buffed needs to be marked on Team Window. Mystic Attack can also be used for PvE and PvP, where Piccolo throws his arm pushing and stunning the target - if no ally marked on Team Window. He can also switch between his position and ally ones, while increase his ally defense and insta provoking every PvE unit that was chasing the ally, this technique is called "Risking it all for a friend" - same condition as Mystic Attack, ally needs to be marked on Team Window. Piccolo has more powerful AOE techniques than Majin Buu and can even do Blind negative condition effect to either PvE and PvP. He has a great PvP crowd control able to use, because besides Mystic Attack and Risking it all for a friend, his technique's kit has also 2 techniques that can be buffed by Shenlong's wish, where 1 applies Rooting negative condition effect in a large area (AOE CC) and 1 blocks Zanzoken's use for some seconds. His passive improves his Health Regeneration% in accord to the Health that he loses during a fight. Piccolo has predisposition only for Gloves as weapon.

Piccolo's early game build -my opinion- : DMG Flat, DMG Reduction and Attack Speed.

Piccolo's mid/late game build -my opinion- : DMG Reduction, Health Regeneration%, Health% and CD Reduction (PvE). DMG Reduction, Health%, Health Regeneration%, CD Reduction and (Tenacity or Dodge Chance) (PvP).

I hope that this overall can be helpful. It's also important to remind once again that: This information above may be not full and builds has been written per my idea of usage. If you would like to point out some corrections or increase something about some Character, please feel free to comment! 😁

This post has also been based on Community chatting on Discord! So, Thank You guys for sharing your knowledge!!!🖤

Kindest regards,

John.

• Like 3